Applied Nutriceuticals introduces HG4UP™ which helps support human growth hormone and helps maximize recovery. HG4UP™ helps enhance sleep, strength and lean muscle.
You don’t have to max out every time you hit the gym, but you do need to maximize what you put into your body every day to reach your power potential and your strength gains. HG4Up™ is a potent new Enteric GHRH-Mediated Growth Hormone releaser from Applied Nutriceuticals that supports an increase in growth hormone levels, which helps maximize deep, restful sleep. Reinvigorated sleep from HG4Up™ helps stimulate new muscle growth for amplified endurance and strength gains, and it will also increase muscle size and hardness.
We took our best-selling product HGH Up and made it more effective with the combination of “3” complexes:
• Somatophasic EX Terafusion
• P2Y2 Nootropil Composite
• Meta-Factorial Anti-DC Composite
Somatophasic EX Terafusion:
L-Dopa (from Mucuna pruriens)
L-Dopa has been shown to increase levels of growth hormone in human subjects in an orally viable manner. L-Dopa is most effective when the conversion of L-Dopa to dopamine is mediated by a decarboxylase inhibitor (EGCG). L-Dopa and Dopamine have also been shown to inhibit prolactin, a compound that suppresses male testosterone production(24-28).
Mucuna Pruriens & Chlorophytum Borivillanum
The combination of Mucuna and Chlorophytum has been shown by a recent human study to increase Growth Hormone levels(29).
Vitamin B6 can inhibit prolactin and increase the night-time peak of Growth Hormone, while at the same time increasing the rise in Growth Hormone associated
with exercise by 23%(30-31).
P2Y2 Nootropil Composite:
Uridine is a purine nucleotide base found in multiple natural sources. It is a potent activator of purinergic receptors (mainly PY2) and is associated with increased brain phosphocholine levels. P2Y receptors are closely associated with growth factor production, blood flow, and anabolic signaling(8-13).
Choline is a molecule that is used in methylation and the production of acetylcholine. Studies have shown a synergism between uridine and choline in the production of phosphocholine and CDP-Choline in the brain. Increases in brain CDP-Choline are associated with amplification in the effectiveness of trophic hormones such as
HG4Up™ contains Huperzine-A, an acetylcholine esterase (AChE) inhibitor. Acetylcholine esterase inhibitors have been shown in numerous scientific studies to inhibit somatostatin. By inhibiting somatostatin, overall mean serum GH increases. Somatostatin also inhibits Growth Hormone secretion indirectly via antagonizing Growth Hormone RH secretion and via inhibiting the secretion of ghrelin from the stomach(21-23).
Meta-Factorial Anti-DC Composite:
Green Tea Extract & EGCG
(−)-epigallocatechin-3-O-gallate (EGCG), which is found in high amounts in the green tea extract, has been shown in several studies to be an irreversible inhibitor of Dopa decarboxylase. EGCG has been shown to significantly increase the effects of Huperzine A on acetylcholine esterase inhibition by increasing the transport of
Hup-A by serum albumin(32-33).
1. Capsugel Media Library- Hypromellose Capsules http://capsugel.com/media/library/BAS415_hypro2_23802_V01_10-19-11.pdf
2. Malah et al Hard Gelatin and HPMC (Hypromellose) Capsules: estimation of rupture time by real-time dissolution spectroscopy Drug Dev and Ind Pharmacy; 02/2007 33(1)27-34.
3. Sapegin et al The effect of pikamilon and fenibut on the blood supply of the brain at rest and under gravitational exposures Eksp Klin Farmakol. 1993 Jan-Feb;56(1):28-31.
4. Bugaeva et al Preclinical prognosis of pyracetam and picamilon safety based on acute toxicity data Eksp Klin Farmakol. 2003 Jul-Aug;66(4):43-6.
5. Matsuyama et al Evaluation of isonicotinoyl-gamma-aminobutyric acid (GABA) and nicotinoyl-GABA as pro-drugs of GABA. Chem Pharm Bull (Tokyo). 1984 Oct;32(10):4089-95
6. Powers et al Growth hormone isoform responses to GABA ingestion at rest and after exercise. Med Sci Sports Exerc. 2 008 Jan;40(1):104-10.
7. Stokes et al The growth hormone response to repeated bouts of sprint exercise with and without suppression of lipolysis in men. J. Appl Physiol (1985). 2008 Mar;104(3):724-8. doi: 10.1152/japplphysiol.00534.2007
8. Cansey et al Oral uridine-5'-monophosphate (UMP) increases brain CDP-choline levels in gerbils. Brain Res. 2005 Oct 5;1058(1-2):101-8. Epub 2005 Aug 29.
9. Agarwal et al Short-term administration of uridine increases brain membrane phosphor lipid precursors in healthy adults: a 31-phosphorus magnetic resonance spectroscopy study at 4T. Bipolar Disord. 2010 Dec;12(8):825-33. doi: 10.1111/j.
10. Babb et al Chronic citicoline increases phosphodiesters in the brains of healthy older subjects: an in vivo phosphorus magnetic resonance spectroscopy study. Psychopharmacology (Berl). 2002 May;161(3):248-54. Epub 2002 Mar 22.
11. Pooler et al Uridine enhances neural outgrowth in nerve-growth differentiated PC12. Neuroscience. 2005;134(1):207-14.
12. Erb et al An RGD sequence in the P2Y(2) receptor interacts with alpha(V)beta(3) integrins and is required for G(o)-mediated signal transduction. J Cell Biol. 2001 Apr 30;153(3):491-501.
13. Wang et al Dietary uridine-5'-monophosphate supplementation increases potassium-evoked dopamine release and promotes neurite outgrowth in aged rats. J Mol Neurosci. 2005;27(1):137-45.
14. Sapegin et al The effect of pikamilon and fenibut on the blood supply of the brain at rest and under gravitational exposures Eksp Klin Farmakol. 1993 Jan-Feb;56(1):28-31.
16. Matsuyama et al Evaluation of isonicotinoyl-gamma-aminobutyric acid (GABA) and nicotinoyl-GABA as pro-drugs of GABA. Chem Pharm Bull (Tokyo). 1984 Oct;32(10):4089-95
17. Powers et al Growth hormone isoform responses to GABA ingestion at rest and after exercise. Med Sci Sports Exerc. 2008 Jan;40(1):104-10.
18. Kelijman M, Frohman LA. The role of the cholinergic pathway in growth hormone feedback. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 1991 May;72(5):1081-7
19. Liang YQ, Tang XC. Comparative studies of huperzine A, donepezil, and rivastigmine on brain acetylcholine, dopamine, norepinephrine, and 5-hydroxytryptamine levels in freely-moving rats. Acta Pharmacol Sin. 2006 Sep;27(9):1127-36
20. Giustina A, Bossoni S, Bodini C, Doga M, Girelli A, Buffoli MG, Schettino M, Wehrenberg WB. The role of cholinergic tone in modulating the growth hormone response to growth hormone-releasing hormone in normal man. Metabolism. 1991 May;40(5):519-23
21. Wang R, Yan H, Tang XC. Progress in studies of huperzine A, a natural cholinesterase inhibitor from Chinese herbal medicine. Acta Pharmacol Sin. 2006 Jan;27(1):1-26
22. Li YX, Zhang RQ, Li CR, Jiang XH. Pharmacokinetics of huperzine A following oral administration to human volunteers. Eur J Drug Metab Pharmacokinet. 2007 Oct-Dec;32(4):183-7.
23. Haigh JR, Johnston SR, Peppernay A, Mattern PJ, Garcia GE, Doctor BP, Gordon RK, Aisen PS. Protection of red blood cell acetylcholinesterase by oral huperzine A against ex vivo soman exposure: next generation prophylaxis and sequestering of acetylcholinesterase over butyrylcholinesterase. Chem Biol Interact. 2008 Sep 25;175(1-3):380-6.
24. Matsuda et al Insulin-induced hypoglycemia, L-dopa and arginine stimulate GH secretion through different mechanisms in man Regul Pept. 1990 Oct 29;31(1):53-64.
25. Page et al Growth hormone responses (GH) to L-Dopa and L-arginine alone and after GHRH pretreatment. Clin Endocrinol (Oxf). 1988 May;28(5):551-8.
26. Tapanainen P et al Variable plasma growth hormone (GH)-releasing hormone and GH responses to clonidine, L-dopa, and insulin in normal men. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 1988 Oct;67(4):845-9
27. Perlow et al Release of human growth hormone, follicle stimulating hormone, and luteinizing hormone in response to L-dihydroxy-phenylalanine (L-dopa) in normal man. Dis Nerv Syst. 1972 Dec;33(12):804-10.
28. Boden G, Lundy LE, Owen OE. Influence of levodopa on serum levels of anterior pituitary hormones in man. Neuroendocrinology. 1972;10(5):309-15.
29. Alleman et al., A Blend of Chlorophytum Borivilianum and Velvet Bean Increases Serum Growth Hormone in Exercise-Trained Men. Nutrition and Metabolic Insights 2011:4 55–63 doi: 10.4137/NMI.S812.
30. Pyridoxine (Vitamin B6) suppresses the rise in prolactin and increases the rise in growth hormone induced by exercise. 1982 Aug 12;307(7):444-5.
31. Barletta C, Sellini M, Bartoli A, Bigi C, Buzzetti R, Giovannini C Influence of administration of pyridoxine on circadian rhythm of plasma ACTH, cortisol prolactin and somatotropin in normal subjects. Boll Soc Ital Biol Sper. 1984 Feb 28;60(2):273-8
32. Xiao J, Chen X, Zhang L, Talbot SG, Li GC, Xu M. Investigation of the mechanism of enhanced effect of EGCG on huperzine A's inhibition of acetylcholinesterase activity in rats by a multispectroscopic method. J Agric Food Chem. 2008 Feb. 13:56(3) 910-915.
33. Zhang L, Cao H, Wen J, Xu M. Green tea polyphenol (-)-epigallocatechin-3-gallate enhances the inhibitory effect of huperzine A on acetylcholinesterase by increasing the affinity with serum albumin.
Take 4 enteric capsules at bed time on an empty stomach or with a slow-releasing protein and 12 oz. of fluid. For best results, take HG4Up™ in a 5 days on/2 days off dosing format.
I love HG4 UP. It not only helped with muscle mass but it gives me some of the best night sleeps I have ever had. I dream so vividly and wake up feeling rejuvenated and rested for the day! Definitely a favorite for me!
Customers who bought this product also commonly purchased the following combination of items.